Pastor Trent Jenkins sits with Connor McFadden, MFT about how couples can set a healthy foundation for their marriage what will aid in the health of the child.
INSIGHTS FROM CONNOR
Your kids are always watching.
When they see you and your spouse having fun together, it makes them feel secure. The opposite is also true if kids see parents in constant tension with each other. What is the tone of the house?
Eliminate clutter in your marriage in 3 ways
- More writers and opinions, and less credibility to those opinions create uncertainty, fear, and anxiety.
- Eliminate what-ifs that you cannot control.
- Noise in our households and in our lives (aka smartphone).
- Every 10 minutes we’re tempted to tap into some sort of noise.
- Allow yourselves (and your households) times to just be.
- Negativity is a practice (in conversations, media consumption, etc.), but the opposite is also true. You can practice positivity and get better.
- Replace negative thoughts/speech with positive thoughts/speech.
When we’re anxious we’re not thinking about What’s best, we’re thinking about What if.
On average, we’re looking at smartphones 96 times a day.
You can ask someone for help.
Negativity is something we do have some control over.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
– Phil 4:8
If you need support in this area, please click here to reach out to us. You can be matched with a Family Partner or Counseling.